Prenuptial Agreement Lawyers in Manassas
Protecting Your Rights, Assets & Best Interests
While no couple enters into a marriage expecting it to end, it is always a good idea to ensure your future is protected in the event of divorce. Having a prenuptial agreement, or "prenup," in place is an effective backup plan.
These types of agreements determine certain responsibilities and rights of both spouses during the marriage. They can also outline how property is to be divided should either spouse leave the marriage.
At Sandground, West, Silek, Raminpour & Wright, PLC, our prenuptial agreement lawyers in Manassas have helped individuals across the state with these matters for years. As a result, we have an extensive track record of success, and we know how to draft a comprehensive, bulletproof prenuptial agreement. We can work with you to create a personalized agreement that takes into account all of your best interests.
What Does a Prenup Cover in Virginia?
In Virginia, a prenuptial agreement may include the following:
- Spousal support
- Obligations and rights related to the property
- The creation of a trust, will, or other arrangements to execute the agreement terms
- The right to dispose of, manage, encumber, sell, mortgage, buy, create a security interest in, transfer, use, assign, exchange, expend, consume, abandon, lease, and control property
- Any other matter (including personal obligations and rights) that does not violate public policy or a criminal statute
Who Should Get a Prenup Before Marriage?
When most people think of prenups, they think of the rich and famous. However, you do not have to be wealthy to reap the benefits of a prenup.
It is a good idea to get a prenuptial agreement if:
- You have children from a previous marriage
- You expect a large inheritance
- You have family heirlooms in your possession
- You own a business
- You are putting your life on hold to raise a family (such as if you plan to be a stay-at-home mother or father)
- You are putting your career on hold to support that of your fiancé(e)
- You earn or expect to earn a higher income than your fiancé(e)
- You are entering the marriage with valuable property and assets
- Your spouse has significant debt, such as student loan debt
Book a Consultation with a Prenup Lawyer Today
Sandground, West, Silek, Raminpour & Wright, PLC is a boutique firm capable of giving each of our clients 100 percent of our time and attention. You get an entire team of knowledgeable legal professionals on your side when you retain one of our prenup attorneys.
We understand how important these matters are to our clients, which is why our firm works relentlessly on our clients’ behalf. You can discuss your situation with us during a consultation, and we can help you figure out how to best proceed. No matter how difficult your situation is, we have the experience and knowledge required to help you resolve it.
Learn more about our prenuptial agreement attorneys by clicking on them here:
Call our Manassas prenuptial agreement lawyers at (703) 420-7011. We will guide you through how to get a prenup that is fair, valid, and enforceable!
You Work with an Attorney and No One Else
We understand the delicacy of your situation. When you work with us, you'll work directly with an attorney every step of the way.
Results-Driven Representation Focused on You
When your life is on the line, nothing else matters. Your success is our success; we will fight to get you where you need to be.
Compassionate, Passionate, and Aggressive
As your legal advocates, we make your goals our top priority, every time. Our lawyers will go above and beyond to ensure your success.